Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday Monday

Aloha and good morning, noble readers..
I survived a lovely weekend yet again, despite the threat of the grumpies on Saturday night and Sunday. A bunch of us went to the December Nights thingie at Balboa park on Saturday. I have to say, what a travesty it's becoming! It used to be a wintertime Christmas celebration. Well, since the PC folks got a hold of it, it's turning into just another street fair. There were fewer "holiday" type things this year than past years, and since it was warmer than last year, a ton more people. Lots of rudeness and I was rather disappointed.

It's a shame, because the museums and International houses use it as a fund raiser for their activities. But it's turning into more of a general fund raiser and less of a holiday cheer sort of thing. Heck, I even signed the petition to turn it back into "Christmas on the Prado", mainly because I think it's a dying event due to lack of focus. Plenty of people there, but no real holiday cheer.

But I did enjoy our trip through the railroad museum, and visited the Khazak exhibit again so I could see the fantastic horse barding again. R and C were duly impressed as well! I got pictures of the applique on the tail piece, I may attempt to reproduce it on a coat or something.

Unfortunately after an evening of pushing through crowds, I was exhausted and left early with C. And unfortunately again, the stress monster ate my head, and I snapped at the neighbors when they were loud at around midnight. Luckily they're forgiving types...

Spent quality time with Evidence and Land Use again yesterday. Not as much as I would have liked, but I did make a big pot of potato sausage soup! Yummy! More studying tonight, then up early for training in Irvine in the morning. Blah, rush hour in SoCal... Oh heck, I wonder if I have anyone's couch I can crash on in OC...

No comments: