Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The holidays ate my head...

Well, I'm female. Single, but female. Thusly, there is an expectation that I will hunt and gather and provide much amusement this holiday season. So last night, after a rousing gathering of other such females and discussing every issue under the sun, two of us were notified of great treasure at the land of Wal-Mart.... Treasure at Wal Mart, you question? Why yes, as there was much sexiness in the $2 fabric bin! Woohoo! My companion and I oooed and ahhhed and attacked the pile in a seamstress frenzy, coming up with fabric that made my eyes sparkle and more that clung to my companion's shape in a most fetching manner. We wrestled our treasures through the store, only stopping for the sexy lingerie section to stock up on more goodies for the upcoming festivities. We compared our purchases and giggled. Then giggled harder as we remembered rooming together for past events and recounted our different styles.

See, I'm relatively low maintenance, and my companion is the epitome in high art, high maintenance woman. Not in a bad way, but our tastes in men run similarly different. She likes a man who notices that she took a smidgeon off her hair, changed her lipstick and nail color just a bit, and that her sexy items all match. I prefer a man who isn't even going to notice that I'm wearing pink today instead of mauve yesterday. Sure, he'll mention that I look great, but I'm a bit weirded out if he has better fashion sense than I do. It's one thing to like one thing over another. It's another to have an entire line of skin and hair care products to rival a good salon in his bathroom. I don't even know what's in fashion - I just know what looks good on me from what's in the store right now. So for me, watching her get ready at past events was a rather entertaining contrast. I showered, put styling stuff in my hair, did a bit of makeup, blew my hair out and arranged it nicely, slipped into my garb, tossed on the jewelry, and voila! Maybe 30 minutes tops, from dripping wet to sparkly. My dear dear friend on the other hand, went through a PROCESS. It was fascinating! Everything was just so, she has items I'd never even seen or heard of. I was tempted to get a snack and come back to watch, maybe sell tickets. Yet again, Sammy on safari, watching the preening habits of the natives :-)

But yeah, she did rub off on me a bit last night. I got new sexy underthings. And fabric to put more sexy clothes over it. But whew! So nice to see the difference in folks and be able to appreciate them. And I'm glad to hear there seems to be someone for everyone out there! Bringing my safari hat from now on, seems I'm needing it more and more. Krikey!

No comments: