Monday, September 18, 2006

Torture has a few benefits...

So, when you're a law student, the big database companies want nothing more than to get you hooked on using their services. So you get oodles of access for free to try and points for constantly using the service. These points are rather valuable at times. Lexis lets you shop at Amazon, Westlaw has a catalog of goodies to pick from. If you're really into saving up, you can get anything from golf clubs to gift certificates for flights.

As I'm not good at saving up points, and part of me believes that those big prizes will never arrive, I've devoted my points to getting those little niceties that make my place a bit easier. Everything from CDs to housewares. My latest purchases? A new, big CD wallet and a knife set. All ordered in the name of data addiction, facilitated by the lovely research database folks.

So when random packages show up at my house, not only am I shopping for free, but they pay the shipping too! Sometimes this suffering has its privileges... Sometimes...

No comments: