Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ooh yeah, I'm attractive... yet thoughtful.

I need a snorkel for my sinuses. Yup, it's official. No plague, but I do have a lovely sinus infection. Complete with stuffy nose-sounding voice. Green crap hacked up and all. Ooooh yeah, sexy! So as I sit here, eating my hot fudge sundae pop tarts (yes, i eat whatever I want while sick), I ponder my recent universe for lessons learned. Or something.

Note to self #1 - save up more sick leave. This may be impossible until after flu season, but I really need to have a week saved up for this time of year. A day off of sleeping would have been nice. But then, my vacation was lovely, so no regrets. Perhaps next year some time saved up?

Note to self #2 - It's not worth it to work for a jerk who isn't listening to you. Yay me for sticking to my guns and quitting when I saw the train wreck coming. I knew I might have issues with the law clerk thing. I was just hoping they would come from scheduling, not from the person I was working for. Caveat - I still don't believe anyone actually pays law clerks. Most seem to cycle through them so regularly that a promise of "paying when the project is done" is a joke. What's a project? A lawsuit? There's a water case in Oregon that's been going on for 80 years - you've got to be kidding me!

Note to self #3 - I miss doing actual medieval stuff. Not this Barbie goes to Disneyland crap that seems to pass out here as research. Time to get cracking on that Greek masterpiece I'm working on. Time to go look at old pottery for a while and pick out some motifs. It's not comforting when I can model an outfit from an old Hollywood movie costume and my client is thrilled with it. Ugh. Although it was a cool coat. Just not what I would call accurate :-)

Brains addled. Time to go absorb another gallon of tea and contemplate my navel while attempting to work. Class tonight should be entertaining....

No comments: