Wednesday, September 27, 2006

ok, this sucks

Ugh, just when I'm thinking my damn cough has gone on too long, and I'm dreading my midterm next week, I find out that yet again I'm not eligible for the new PLUS loan program. Yet again. Unless I miraculously come up with a cosigner, which isn't going to happen. Yay me. Yet again I'm faced with the crappy situation I'm in and no way to relieve the pressure. I have to put aside $300 per month for the next 2 years in order to pay for both summer and the Bar Bri course I need to pass the bar. And that's not counting the $1000 in fees just to take the bar. Then, if I pass, there's another $500 to actually be a Bar member in good standing. Every year. All in all, it's about $8000 that has to miraculously come out of my ass in the next 2 years.

So, my best advice to anyone with a bankruptcy (which apparently is about half of the people I know) is don't go to school within 10 years of a bankruptcy. If there is any doubt that I'm "paying" my debts that got discharged, here's your proof. I have to pay for everything except for my car in cash. Period. There's just not been any relief there. I can't even get a stupid credit card, so don't give me those stupid options. And the sad part is that I had more to live on when I was living off student loans than now when I'm working full time for a larger salalry than most of my friends. Yeah. How's that for reality check?

So here's the deal. With very few exceptions, namely my man and my family, don't bother with Christmas presents, birthday crap, etc. Don't be offended when I don't show up to your dinner out with other people, movies, trips, and other things involving money. I don't have any. In theory, eventually I'll be able to do this crap again. But for now, don't bother. I'd rather not know what I'm missing.

No comments: