Monday, September 11, 2006

Pitiful...

Well, I'm working on my fourth week of classes this week. I've missed one night of classes due to dealing with personnel issues at work. And now, it's starting early. Yup, I think I'm sick. I'm all sniffly and pitiful today, and I'm attempting to calculate how bad it would be to miss class today, work as much of a full day at work as possible, and head home a bit early to sleep and finish homework for tomorrow.

I am about 1/4 done with the semester. Most classes, you get 3 absences. I've been trying to save those for later in the semester for when I'm well and truly sick. But, I think I AM well and truly sick. I was feeling kind of out of it all day yesterday as it was. I thought it was from being entirely off my sleep and exercise schedule. But now I'm thinking flu or cold bug.

Other issue - I have really no time off at work at the moment. I kind of killed that for Pennsic. Entirely worth it, but now that means I truly do need to be at work for a full 8 hours. So, to make my day shorter so I can go home and sleep, that means skipping class and leaving here about 2:30. Yeah, doing the sick time accounting gets complex with work and school.

Doesn't help that I'm contemplating the value of doing as much outlining and prep work on my paper as well as making a few calls on my law clerk job. Am I trading one form of work for another? Will I really get some sleep tonight if I head home early? Am I sinking my own ship early in the semester? Ugh, this stinks. I could very well survive my whole day today, it's not that bad. And save the time off for a later, much more serious illness. Or am I setting myself up for turning this cold into something worse? I'll see how I feel at 12:30 when it's time to leave for class...

No comments: