Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sept Potrero

Sooo, I had a great war this weekend. Granted, it was hardly bigger than a Brigade practice, but heck, we should have more brigade practices like this!

The weather was actually really nice. Hot, a bit windy, but definitely nice. We nabbed a great spot behind the Romani that was all trees.

Fighting was good - same folks we usually fight. We fielded a line of 1/2 regular Orkneys and 1/2 guys trying out fighting with us. We worked well together - I have so missed my guys while fighting all over the known world for the last year! It was great to be able to march in and know the guy next to you would hold the line, crush them in a charge, and work with you on the spear line. Lots of talking and working together, it was good to see!

Evil Squirrel Move #2 is almost perfected - Big John laughed his ass off the first time he saw me do it. It's Evil Squirrel move #2 because I use one of the guys to hide behind, then pop out to the left and gack the hell out of whoever is facing off against them. They never know what hit them! I've got my point control down to a really nice feel. Especially since I retaped that spear of Riley's that I've been using. Good lord, I think he had the kitchen sink taped in there. It took me almost an hour to get down to the shaft and clean all the crap off of it. I plunked on the tip kit from Mandrake Armory (go buy them, they rock!) and voila! No more tip heavy spear! It worked like a charm...I think I gacked V 3 times in a row before deciding I'd tormented him enough. He's a good guy, he deserves not to have to res every 10 seconds :-)

BTW, in case you're wondering, Evil Squirrel Move #1 is when I actually have a secondary or I'm fighting sword and board and I basically run up your spear like a rabid squirrel. A few folks have experienced that one, it amuses me. But I haven't found a loving secondary to carry yet. It's next on my list. Right after kicking ass with a sword and board.

And yes, I willingly did push ups this weekend. It was amusing. Good to know I can easily do 10. Now to perfect the non-girly ones... Lordy, I'm turning into one of them.

Did some dancing - Allister and his guys were laying down the groove thing at Iron Maiden every time I stopped by. I stopped and danced a few times, it was fun. But I definitely need more sleep and down time while fighting. I usually shut down by midnight for need of sleep. I love to dance, but it's definitely not my focus at the moment. Good to see some of the girls using their new moves, too...

And N finally got his AoA, right as he's bitching about not getting it a few months ago. We'd all just settled into an evening of hanging by the fire when he gets summoned to the Baron's presence. He comes back his lordship. We had a good laugh and called him Lord N all night. Nothing like good timing - Good Game, Baron!

No comments: