Friday, September 15, 2006

Go me!

So, I'm sitting in class last night, listening to the joys of Evidence and moping about the general fact that I can't afford to go clothing shopping anytime soon. Well, at least not in the next week. So I contemplate the possibilities. I could go thrift shopping - $20 buys a lot. But you have to shovel through a lot to get to the good stuff. I could puruse the clearance racks at the mall. But $20 doesn't buy as much there, and I really need more clothes for work. Hmm...

I get through the case where the entire class confuses itself on who's cross examining who, and suddenly it dawns on me! I can sew! Yeah, I know - DUH! But when you concentrate on making medieval and reproduction clothing for a while you tend to forget about real clothes. Not that I'm any sort of modern tailor, but I did the leotard thing for a while - I know stretch! So I'm going through my fabric stash in my head while writing notes on 404(b) exceptions. I remember some black knit stuff and a few funky patterns I have available. Hmm...

So I romp home finally, dump my books and such and dive in. One and one half hours later, I emerge from the sewing room with a brand new, black knit dress. It's not half bad! In fact, it's almost professional. Hmm, I've bought crappier dresses than this in stores! Those Chinese sewers ain't got nothing on me! I was aiming for something I could at least wear comfortably around the house and got something better. Go me!

No comments: