Friday, June 02, 2006

Spontinaiteeeeeeee

Hmm, just saw an email from one of my fun groups on Yahoo offering a last minute rafting trip spot. Small flight in a Cessna, pack a few light things, and meet 3 strangers for a weekend rafting. Kinda sounded like fun if I had the $$. It was a bit more than I have on hand at the moment.

But it did get me thinking... I plan too much. I think I need more spontaneous weekends. Granted, there have been a number of really cool planned events lately, like Gulenay's Laurelling and Mother's Day with my sis. But I think I'm going to resist the urge to book those open weekends in June and see where the universe takes me. Granted, normally when I do that, no one calls me to do stuff because they're so used to me being out of town or just damn busy. But I wouldn't mind a weekend lounging around the house, getting little stuff done, maybe a trip to the beach.

Heck, when I was dating a certain person in LA, we'd have spontaneous crap happen all the time. We didn't plan much (hell, with him I couldn't plan anything because he just wasn't sure about anything in his universe), so it did teach me to go with the flow more and just find cool things to do right in front of us. I think I actually did more cool stuff with him than anyone else.

But that relationship ended, and part of me misses the whole partner in crime aspect of it. We had a ball just trying to find cool shit to do on a Saturday afternoon with a full tank of gas and a bit of money. Or we'd run out to a cool restuarant, buy a pile of interesting looking food, and go exploring. Maybe hiking, maybe finding someplace cool, maybe just driving until we saw something interesting. And all of it comes with the "if a tree falls in the forest" problem - if you find something cool by yourself, is it as cool as having someone there to witness it and share in the amusement?

I think I'm going to have to go find out. Oh hell, this sounds like a pilot for a reality show. Single girl, will travel :-)

1 comment:

Melissa Hannon said...

Ok, so.. let me get this straight. Mystery trip rafting.. middle of no-where.. yeah. Bring the Cell phone , flashlight and a water proof baggie with Flares!

love you! stay safe