Monday, June 12, 2006

No cause for alarm..

So apparently my big blockhead is still good and solid. I got freight-trained at practice yesterday, and bounced off the concrete strip around the shrubbery in the park. I had a lovely moment of peace before everyone jumped on me asking if I was ok. Problem was I was attempting to run a systems check to see if I was ok. So I went with the voices and got out of the way of the fighting and peeled out of my bucket. I'm sitting over on the park bench, wondering if I'm a wuss when I look down at my helmet. It's dented. It used to be circular around the bottom, now it's got a flat part along the back. About where my head bounced off the concrete. Yeah, I've got a concussion, that's why my head's all throbby...

So just for reference's sake, here's what it felt like:

Imagine you have a fuzzy blanket shrouding your thoughts. It's not hard to think, it's just a bit slower. Your brain inside your skull feels like it's been shaken, not stirred, and throbs a bit. Things may not feel like they're sitting right in your skull. Your eyes may hurt from being thrown around in their sockets. You get little pains of headaches to counterpoint the general throbbing. And you get sleepy, despite any amount of caffeine you imbibe. Your pupils can be different sizes too, it's kinda cool. ut ice on the back of your neck, take an anti-inflammatory, and don't fall asleep!

I'm better today, if still a bit slow on the uptake. But I'll live, no need to amputate :-)

No comments: