Friday, June 23, 2006

Good concert!

Wow, I'm exhausted today, but saw a really fantastic show at the Fair last night. Heart was in concert! I've never seen them before, and figured I should get to it since I'm not sure how often they get to tour. And well, they're, um, getting up there.

We got cheap seats in the grandstand, but got there early enough to get decent seats. We had fun with our fellow fans in the row. The band came out, a bit late as most shows are, and just laid down the groove from note one! Ann Wilson just has the most amazing voice - she nailed it right off the bat, and blew my companion's socks off. I knew we were in for a treat, but it even exceeded my expectations!

They played a bunch of their hits: Alone, Kick it out, Crazy on you, These Dreams, etc. Everyone was dancing and singing along. Ann's birthday was a few days ago, so Nancy Wilson had us all sing happy birthday to her. Very cool! And then, they kicked it into overdrive...

They started playing Zeppelin tunes!

Now, I knew they're friends with what's left of Zeppelin - John Paul Jones plays on at least one of their albums. But towards the end of the show they attacked The Immigrant song and Misty Mountain Hop, and it was just fantastic. Time for my companion's jaw to drop yet again! And this is really the only place where you're gonna hear Zeppelin tunes done by folks who partied with Zeppelin way back when. Ann did justice to Plant's vocals, and the band just rocked out! More singing, more dancing, the crowd went nutso!

Great show, I can't beat the $20 tickets, and good times had by all!

But ugh, time for more coffee my friends! It's gonna be a looooong day, and I have movie tix tonight. Go me!

No comments: