Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Delicious workout and Soup!

It's just amazing that I actually enjoy the kickboxing course on Wednesdays and Fridays. I usually look like an idiot through the whole thing. I just can't get footwork quickly - it's the single biggest skill I wished I had most of the time in dealing with sports and dance. I have to go through it really slowly, and if I think too hard, I screw it all up in a heartbeat and have to start over. So despite my inability to do half of the steps, my attempts at keeping up are enough to raise my heartbeat enough to keep up the svelteness work. I still have discombobulated moments where I just don't get where the hell we're going. But I pick it up in a few steps usually. And my punches are getting more impressive looking. Grrrrr, I'm fierce!

And then there's soup. Ode to homemade soup! I've been on a soup kick for a few months now, learning to cook a few different kinds of soups. But it seems my favorite is still a potato sausage soup with kale tossed in to cook at the end. It's creamy and sausage-y and has actual vegetable matter in it, and it all just satisfies so nicely! The tomato basil was good too, but I OD rather easily on it since it's kinda rich. I think I need to perfect beef stew next and maybe some chili. Trying to make sure I get enough protein so that my muscle building continues. Although I'd be surprised if it wasn't - my weight hasn't gone down, even while I've dropped a size or two! Apparently I get my own gravity well :-)

Soooo, feeling good despite the rough few weeks I've been having while fighting. Need to bang that damn ding out of my helmet and get back to practice.

1 comment:

Melissa Hannon said...

I have 2 great recipies - i'll email them to you - Baked potato soup for those cold days and a great beef stew recipe I actually got from Kraft. Tim approved of both and his Mom loved the Beef stew - that must mean its good.