Thursday, June 22, 2006

Flash from the past....

And it's not even Mercury retrograde...

I just got an email from an old high school buddy that I haven't talked to since, well, high school. Very cool to talk to someone who calls me JJ instead of Sammy. Not that I mind Sammy, it's just amusing!

I knew him way back when I first had a distinct clue on who I was, where I was going, and how fabulous it would be once I got there. I totally lost that when I went to college. Maybe it was the shock of starting over, maybe it was the frustration with how crappy my school was, maybe it was just not having friends like him around to remind me of who I was. Regardless, it is good to hear from him. Especially now that I have some of that assurance back, and I've begun to rebuild some of the cool parts that make me me. I've experienced some cool shit, survived my failures with a minimum of open wounds, and cut a lot of the bullshit out of my life. That was a cool thing to realize, as I wrote that response to "what have you been up to?" I am sorely tempted to post that summary here, but most of you know that crap from the horse's mouth, no need to reiterate...

And geez, I'm a character! I just realized what a soap opera my life is and has been. And I even left out some of the more colorful stuff, like the fire play, costumed events other than the SCA, some of my travels, etc.... I certainly didn't go to college, get a boring cubicle job, raise 2.5 kids and a dog, and buy a house. I meandered a bit more along the way. Who wants to meander with me a bit :-)

1 comment:

Melissa Hannon said...

my lord! who?