Monday, June 19, 2006

Back on track

I had a fabulous weekend! Nothing like the county fair and an evening of drunken debauchery to relax one’s soul, eh? Buuut, all good things must come to an end. I’m not completely satisfied with my weight routine, and I was kind of letting myself go a bit on nutrition due to the pain and suffering of the weights. But now that I’m technically established in it, it’s time to get back to eating properly and all that. And hey, what fun is the county fair without fried everything? But I can definitely stop that for a bit. I feel like a whale, deep fried and rolled in sugar and coconut. Not attractive, despite being tasty. Funny part is that I’m still smaller overall, but all these muscles are in the way. Now I just want to be able to see the muscles. I paid for them, I want to see them!

Had my usual entertaining moment on Saturday evening dancing at Dan’s show. Now, I always have a good time dancing at these things. It’s funny with all the drunks, and usually a good crowd. I hadn’t realized how much we’ve come to take over the bar when we go to one of these things, it was really funny! But it still tickles me when random folks tell me they enjoy my dancing. I think of it as doodling most of the time, unless I’m competing or appearing with some really insanely good dancers. At SCA type stuff, I’m taking the time to work out the combos in my head or whatever strikes my fancy at the time. Work on decent facial expressions and not looking like a doofus. Kinda of practice, kind of a performance. I’m not comfortable blowing out the huge, big, look at me moves because it’s a group setting. No reason to run the other girls off the floor. And I have fun playing around with them too. But yeah, it does give me a pleasant surprise to get a compliment, it’s very sweet and I’m glad I’m still entertaining! Jeepers, if you like this, imagine if I dug out the good stuff…. Oh hell, maybe this is the good stuff, and my big, over the top stuff isn’t that great. Ack! Entirely possible I suppose.

Eh, I’d have to care. Dance is one thing I’m comfortable with, I speak my own language, and apparently it’s one that people like “hearing”. I know what my body is saying, how it’s saying it, and how I’m going to get from a-b in a phrase. Sure, I want to learn more parts and techniques and such, but I’m happy getting there in my time. Everyone seems to like the “joy” dance I’ve been working on for a year, and I’m finally starting to feel it. Fake it until you make it apparently does work, and since it’s hard to lie while dancing, I’m good with doing the happy dance. Literally. So, yeah, I’m rambling all over town in this one. Is it time to go back to the gym yet?

No comments: