Monday, June 05, 2006

oh yeah....

Question: What's long and hard on an Orkney?

Answer: Court...

So I survived Coronation and QC this weekend, and managed to have fun. I chased his Highness Eric around all weekend with drinks, and managed not to kill him when he hit my nerves wrong. Apparently he's more in danger than most when my blood sugar is low. We had some interesting moments while on the freeway at high speeds with him whistling "Feliz Navidad". Luckily, not inter-Kingdom incidents to report, all is well!

I'm not terribly big on Coronation. It's interesting to the little girl in me that loves pageantry and parades for abot an hour, then I'm ready for a nap and lunch. But is was cool to see Sven and Kitty (ahem) Kolfinna step up. Huge guard, big court, big cheers! Nice to see northern folks on the thrones. Us sounthies need a break for a bit ;-)

Queen's Champion was even more fun, despite Mother Nature's attempts at re-creating the humid South in Southern CA. It was hot! It was humid! But big, fun tourney and lots of good folks running around. I am utterly thrilled to report that my friend adored her fencing jacket and I can happily take that project off of my pending list. A few humdred more projects to go and it'll be an empty list. Yeah, right...

No comments: