Monday, April 30, 2007

Just a little advice..

I've got to get something off my chest, as it seems that some folks aren't tying these particular thoughts together effectively...

1. I have a long history of supporting myself (and sometimes others), with only one time in my life I can point to where others carried me, since I left my parent's home.
2. When the chips are down, I always have a job. Maybe two. Sometimes (dear god) three, if that's what's needed. I just do what I have to.
3. Except for that one time, which I am eternally grateful for those who helped me, I have always paid my bills, taken care of my own shit, and generally acted mostly like an adult.

Ergo, given the above, don't ever imply that you will need to support me. It's one thing to "be the man". It's another to imply that I need someone else to take care of me. That there is the road to goodbyeland, and I know you don't want to visit there. I have life insurance for a reason, I have multiple contingencies for any occasion.

An additional point is that I am capable. Very, terrifyingly capable at times. I know how to call coordinates for an airstrike, honey, I don't need you to tell me that I have to move to a certain neighborhood. I have my criteria, I can discuss options with the police department if needed.

And you'd better not be assuming that you're moving in with me. That requires a form of commitment, usually in the form of an engagement or some similar situation we've collectively negotiated for the common good, usually after successfully dated for more than a year, usually 2. I used to be an Internal Auditor, I'm big on due dilligence, and that takes time.

Yes, I'm bitchy. It's exam time. Kind of like 3 weeks of PMS, compounded by personal things scheduled all over my universe at the moment. I'm not angry, but I just feel like this is not a no brainer situation. I don't advertise my helplessness, as far as I can tell. I got over codependence, and I kinda like having boundaries. They're rather fun, and make achieving things rather less painful. But jeez Louise! Don't acknowledge my boundaries then pretend they're not there for your own personal convenience....

Grrr...

No comments: