Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hmm, time to get to work...

Had a great 3 weeks of travel, but it's time to get down to business. M/C War was great, despite the rain. I was pretty happy with the Norman layers of warmness, and enjoyed wearing my spiffy, hot off the loom inkle belt. At one point, I was wearing 4 layers of tunics (silk, linen, linen, cotton) and still cold, so I ended up spending $$ on some warm socks and a cloak-like woobie at the merchant lady's shop. It pushed me over the edge to warmth, so despite spendign too much, I appreciated it. But I do need some more layers. Got some interesting ideas for rectangular construction layers and some embellishments. I NEED embellishments :-) In all my spare time, of course... At least my inkle loom is humming lately.

But in all that travel, I simply spent too much. I did an audit this morning, and reliazed that in my travels, I just spent a bit too much. I need to quick start up the money machine and get more stuff listed on eBay and Amazon. Its not like I don't have more stuff to sell than time to sell it all in. I have oodles of crap! The issue is to get it all online and listed and turned into green...

And I have a very nice lady who begs to pay me to come help her out, so I scheduled some time with her as well. We'll be spending some quality time over the next few weeks. The good news is that part of my over spending was accounting for the last few expenses for China - visa, medical insurance, weekend trips, etc. And covering a few things for B&D's wedding next week. But it does mean that my spending cash fund is rather low....I have credit card, but I'd rather not. And you can't rely on it for street vendors and small meals. better to have the cashola!

So yeah, while I will be working my butt off, but no more than I have been while travelling the last few weeks. Time to get the final exam goodies rolling too. I'm completely capable of doing really well this semester. Time to buckle down...

No comments: