Thursday, April 12, 2007

Rush and Independence Day...

Yup, got a free airline ticket, and bought myself a ticket to Rush yesterday. See, I do need to go home and visit the family clan this summer. I really only get to visit about once per year, and lately the visits have been getting shorter and shorter. Not fun, and everything seems rushed and hurried. I rarely got to see anyone beyond my immediate family besides Mel and her happy family. And I do like my relatives back in Buffalo...

Then I got bumped this past weekend, and collected a free round trip. And looked at the Rush concert dates, and Voila! Rush is in Buffalo at the theme park near my parents' house for the 4th of July. Kinda cool, eh? Granted, I'm not going to the concert with anyone, but I generally can have a wonderful time all by myself in a crowd of Rush fans without any issues. Besides, I really just want to go to the concert something terrible. I may see them again in SD or Portland if I can afford it. But even if I only go the once, it'll be a great time.

Yay! Rush! And I'm waiting on the pre-order of their new album. I should have it in a few weeks... Tasty. Always good to have more music from your favorite band. They almost take up a whole CD case in my collection, between 30 something albums, tribute albums, compilations, etc. Yay!

No comments: