Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Contemplation

I have a lot in my head, but I'm not sure how much will come out here. My universe is just moving fast lately, and I feel like I'm going to need a day or two to process in quiet a few times over the next 6 months. Nothing I'm doing is bad. All feels well, and happy and not too terrifying. Big changes, lots of adventures planned, yet somehow it all feels like where I need to go.

Every once in a while I hermit up, wear my pajamas for an entire day, and just wake up with nothing to do planned. Granted, I usually end up tackling a huge project of some sort, but I don't plan to. Putter around the house, and just let myself flit from whatever needs to happen to whatever comes up next. I usually end up doing some of the relaxing things I crave, like naps or good, scratch home cooking. And sometimes I really get nothing more accomplished other than my brain getting a break. It's really theraputic, and I have found that I'll get physically sick if I haven't done this in a while. My body's way of keeping me honest.

Granted, I'm sure some people so this all the time, but with all the crap I have to finish on any given day, I just can't. I look forward to not having quite so much on my plate after graduation and the bar, although it's still a bit off. And for once I'm not terrified about moving to yet another new area. I have friends there, I've been to visit a few times. I know some of the SCA folks, and I dunno, it just feels good. We'll see how long that lasts when the truck is gone, my crap is all over my new place and I'm not sure what the heck I'm doing. Yay for panic after the fact, eh?

I'm sure I'll be fine, but it's strange to be more relaxed than usual. Or maybe the school stress is drowning the move and China stress...

Someone please tell the Passport office that they need to ship mine out ASAP, please. This is rapidly becoming not funny.

No comments: