Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Networking sans wires

Well, I've had little luck in setting up a summer internship thus far by applying through the normal routes. Even got grief from school when I asked a simple question about their on campus interview companies. Ugh, and you'd think I was paying tuition or something, geez...

So I've decided to try stealth mode for a bit. I've been shamelessly asking everyone I know if they know lawyers who'd like a free intern this summer. And started making calls and sending emails. Nothing yet, but I've gotten a vastly warmer response by naming names than my resume ever did by chilly cold sending.

Hopefully something will pan out, and I need to get cracking on the Portland area soon too. Fall internships are probably filling up now, ack! So I'll be buried in my resume for a bit while cranking out my Biotech assignments.

But I'm more hopeful that something will pan out from this whole mess, and maybe I'll have a good summer after all. And a bit of time to visit friends too.

Now to figure out - An Tir Crown or Burning Man? Why is it that everything cool is planned on the same 4 weekends every year?

No comments: