Thursday, March 29, 2007

Almost travel ready..

Ordered a travel adaptor and money belt for my trip. I think I almost have everything I want to take with me. My only concern at this point is Frankenstein, my laptop. I'm bringing him, mainly for photos and Internet access and the off chance I need to produce something written for my classes that can't be taken care of with my preferred pen. But Frankenstein is old, and I'm not sure how reliable he's going to be. His battery doesn't charge anymore and I need to see if I can fix that. It's rather annoying to not be able to use him on flights and such because there's no battery power. Starcraft would make that China flight vastly more palatable.

So now that I've ordered the more Macguyver stuff and luggage-y things, I'll see about his needs. Not planning on bringing tons of clothes - I'm going to where almost all of our clothes are made, I'm already planning an excellent shopping spree! Silk, maybe a piece of jade for D's mom, a silk parasol or three, maybe some cool fans, and all of it has to fit into the orange suitcase of doom! Or perhaps I'll take two suitcases and fill the heck out of them. If nothing else, because I know mymom will be buying the universe in silk :-) She's a power shopper and bargainer, and I fully expect to have to extricate her regularly from the street vendors. Should be entertaining.

Found out about an Irish pub in Hangzhou. We'll see if it's really there. I think that would be an experience - having a decent beer in a Chinese Irish pub... We'll see if it's somewhere I'd want to be after dark.

Wow, 5 weeks of work and school, then off I go... It'll be over too fast, I already know that.

No comments: