Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hmm, but there's more in my brains...

Well, after that last post, I'm finding my brain is still full. So here's more randomness for your boredom alleviation...

I've been spending a bit more time than usual at home lately, mainly because I have 3 trips planned over the next month. I'd really like the concept of a cleaner house, and I'm tackling some of the things making it less than clean. I killed the paper monster at my desk last night. Organized the whole box of random crap, threw out a big chunk of paper, shredded the delicate bits, and put the file-able stuff to one side. Now I just need more files to tame what's left, and voila! One quarter of my desk space is reclaimed. The bookshelves are next. I need to pack what I want to keep, sell what I can and add the rest to the garage sale/swap meet pile. And I need to start putting things aside for the medieval garage sale at the end of the month. C was sweet enough to say she'd sell my goodies if I labelled and bagged them for her. Hooray! I don't really need 17 saris... or a lot of other stuff for SCA. And I put the schlager and mask up on the Calafia list, and a very nice fencer type cross posted it for me. Slowly I compact the massive pile of stuff I own.

Next are the fibre and fabric monsters. The fabric is just getting downsized. I have way too much linen and silk in there to truly say goodbye to all of it. And I currently live next to the LA fabric district. Giving up my fabric while living so far away from the fabric district makes me feel like I'm going to starve! But I suppose they actually sell wool up there, which is sorely lacking in the deserts of SoCal. Trade one for the other I suppose. But inkle trim is high on the list of things to crank out while watching netflix, listening to my Chinese course, or listening through my class review tapes. I ended up with a bunch of smurf blue after Estrella - a side point of mainly buying the bargain bags of thread. Luckily I have a number of attractive colors to mix it with. I have a lovely purple, pale blue and smurf blue trim going now that will be quite nice. Despite being mainly smurf blue...

And I was amused to note that while I don't think I can part with any of my musical instruments (in theory once the degree is done, I'll actually practice again!), all of my clothing will fit in the three pieces of luggage I own. Not garb, mind you. Clothing and shoes for the real world. Including my 5 formal gowns, 8 suits, and collection of rude fightig t-shirts. I think I just lost my girl card..

No comments: