Monday, January 08, 2007

You're soaking in it...

Off to West 12th Night this weekend, it was fabulous! Had a really lovely time saying hello to friends and schmoozing my way across yet another kingdom. Although I must say, my capacity for political hoo-ha is much less than it was. Perhaps its school, perhaps it's my last year or two of reprioritization, perhaps it's my fighter mentality, perhaps it's me growing up - I just couldn't do more than a few hours of meet and greet without my face hurting and craving a nice stiff drink. But it was looooovely to see my friends up that way and show off the garb I made for D forever ago. Go ego, go ego! And I met the man in person. Oh yes, I did...

Drive was long, painful, and brutally over in 16 or so hours including both ways. Hotel room was close by enough to be near the action, yet far enough that we got to breakaway and actually have a chance at getting sleep. Which we did sleep,really we did, as both of us seemed to need it terribly. But we strolled through tiny little Modesto to and from the event all day. Strange little town - the sidewalks definitely roll up at 9pm. And you're not allowed to eat on Sundays apparently, except at the hotel.

Saw friends from back east. The "It's a Small World" theme plays in my head every time I see him, as he knew me way back when I started in the SCA. And his new wife is such a sweet lady, I'm happy for them both. Hopefully we can convince them to visit at one of the wars.

Gosh, lots to relate, yet too much to process into words. But I did have such a wonderful time, R&B looked like Teutonic Gods, and the LOS were ravishing in pretty garb and big smiles. Much fun, but time to recover. Remind me to fly up there from now on :-(

No comments: