Friday, January 19, 2007

Wisdom

I had a very wise friend fit me into her ridiculously packed schedule to say hello this morning. I'm not usually one to talk to anyone before I've had coffee, but for her, I can make an exception. So we talked while she ordered her breakfast burrito while on the way to a training seminar.

She is one of the people I go to for an unbiased, unvarnished visit to reality. She is an excellent listener and is wonderful at reminding me of the basics of being a human being. It's ok to have anxiety and fear - she explains where it comes from and that it's perfectly normal. So it was nice to talk to her about my anxiety about ending school and rearranging my life yet again. She was one of those I relied on the last time I rearranged my life, and I came out a better person for the time spent with her. She was thrilled to hear about everything I had done and planned for the future.

It was just a huge relief to be reminded by someone I trust that I'll be fine, I'm doing what I need to be doing, and there's really nothing else I can do but live in the moment and relax. And then we giggled about me taking my mom to China with me :-)

Life is good. Breathe. And thank you, my friend. I vastly appreciate it.

1 comment:

Melissa Hannon said...

Thank goodness! there is a ME on the other half of the country! yeah!!