Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It's official - I'm a massive geek...

So, talking to D last night for the few minutes I stopped by and she says, "You need to find a guy outside the SCA and bring him in." Huh... So I got to thinking - How does that work? I work full time and go to school at night, right? Law students are about the worst possible matches for another fellow law student - we're all stressed out, argumentative, and busy as hell. So that's out. What else do I do? Well, I sew. No men there. Practice? Hahahahha - that SCA pond, not so much, eh? Not saying it's not possible, but I've had issues. Do I do anything else where I might meet people? Ok, so I'm going to China, but importing from that far away has issues....

Umm. Yeah. I'm a geek. If I'm not studying, sewing, or working, I'm online chatting with friends or asleep. I occasionally get out to concerts or dinner, and I do travel a decent amount. But for the most part I'm a huge SCA geeeeeeek! What the heck do I have to talk to anyone outside the SCA about? I'm good on current events and legal issues, thanks to all the magazines I read. But anything else? Nope. Not really. And I pretty much have something SCA planned every weekend, even if it's just practice or getting my haircut by an SCA friend, or going to a party hosted by SCA friends...

* Le grande, grosse sigh * I'm in a cult, apparently. And I didn't even notice how badly.. How about I wait until after I'm out of school... Good lord, when did this happen? Oh yeah, all my law school buddies are graduating this year... And T moved up north. And my sister is up north. And my household isn't helping either - they're starting up another D&D game. Just in case I wanted to expand my geekiness yet again..

*headdesk*

No comments: