Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Colorado itself

As for my trip to Colorado itself, it was lovely. Seeing snow again for the first time in something ridiculous like 4 years was grand. It was cold, wet, crunchy and like seeing an old friend. Or maybe adversary, for all the time spent shoveling. Apparently they're not used to having it hang around, but the sun ran screaming and there were still 2 feet of snow to crunch through. Then Saturday night it started with the flurries. Fabulous!

The event was fun! S kept saying it would be small, but nothing compares to the event I ran in the East that had 12 people show up. It couldn't possibly be THAT bad.. And it wasn't. Music was great, some good classes. I bought a few little goodies to take home and embellish things with. Got to see D again, and meet her friend S, who we proceeded to corrupt with wine. We camped out and talked and generally had a great time. We escaped briefly for court, then danced danced danced. Fantastic music - T and the rest of the musicians were fantastic. Nice to dance to real music again, instead of attack of crappy beledi all night. Everyone was friendly and sweet, I had a ball.

Lazy Sunday, which is not a bad thing at all. Had breakfast at a little diner in town that had tasty cinnamon buns. Ate lots of food.

Ft. Collins is a funky little college town - kinda cool actually. Luckily no law school, so the local area won't be completely flooded with new lawyers. We'll see how things go, but I am considering it. It's vastly cheaper to live there than Denver, so even if I didn't get an attorney position, I could technically survive on one decent job. I dunno - I do want to be an attorney. Hopefully I'll have luck applying to various agencies and small offices. But the are is rather nice - much calmer than California. I was relieved by how much less traffic there was.

All in all, a good time. Still reading the Denver sunday paper, but thus far it's got some interesting stuff.

Cheerio - off to bed. I soooo have the flu.

No comments: