Friday, October 20, 2006

You stole my yellow ribbon? Really??

Well, my week has been one of those weeks where you're really aware. Every moment of the day is in your experience. There's no "time flying". Nope, you get to be tired at 5pm, then go to class and experience every excruciating moment in detail.

So, I walked out to my car yesterday. Bear in mind that the parking guy is very cool. He always tucks my car near the booth, generally keeps an eye on it, and is just nice whenever I come by. I get my keys and walk to my car. I see my car and immediately notice something's wrong. It doesn't look right. Yup, someone stole my magnetic "Support our Troops" yellow ribbon on my trunk in the back. Yes, really. Someone took it! Now, it could have been when I took it to the post office to drop off a package earlier. You never know. But I didn't notice it until later.

And no, it didn't drop off the car. Magnets don't just drop off. It was firmly and neatly on there. I move it every car wash so I don't get "ring around the ribbon". And now it's gone. I'm ok with it if someone really needed to support our troops more than I did. That's ok. But if you took it because you don't agree with me? Now that's just not right. We call that petty theft where I come from. And you stole my political statement! The only one I have right now! Gosh darn it, I finally take a stand on something, and someone steals it! Sheesh :-)

Have a nice weekend!

No comments: