Friday, October 27, 2006

Favorite call

On my birthday I got a lot of phone calls wishing me well. It was really lovely, but my favorite call by far was the one from my sister. We chatted for a while about things and my brother's impending wedding. Then I heard my sister ask my nephew if he wanted to say hello. My nephew is almost 2, and talking up a storm. She hands the phone to him, and he says a slightly broken "Happy Birthday Auntie Jammy". Yup, I'm hooked. I adore my nephew. But then, I hear a giggle and a few thumping feet noises, and my sister say "Hey!". A bit more chaos sounds from the phone, and I hear my nephew start to cry a bit. Then the phone goes dead. I guess the call's over! My best interpretation of the situation is that he ran off with the phone and my sister wasn't too pleased! I laughed, it was about the funniest thing I'd heard in a while.

No comments: