Monday, October 09, 2006

Gooooood weekend~

So I drove up to LA this weekend with the man to see the "household" and other related wonderful people. I sent out an email to see if anyone wanted to meet for brunch Sunday. I renewed my First Aid training in the morning, then drove up through the wilds of LA. Spent Saturday evening watching my nephew tire my sister and brother in law out. Wow! My nephew is verbal and cognitively pretty darn sharp! Now, every kid has their talents, and I'm his aunt, but my nephew is smart! We "read" books together and he pointed out everything to me. Much fun!

Sunday we got up and trundled off to a little French bakery for breakfast with the 4 other people who responded to my email. And the 4 turned into 6, then 8, then 11, then we got about 13 folks around a huge, cobbled together table. It was fabulous! There were friends there I hadn't seen in a while(years in some cases). So much fun to sit and catch up, plan to see each other again soon, hear about what everyone is doing. These folks are all very vibrant, distinct folks. I heard about possibilities of one couple moving to Italy, another selling scripts, another applying to one of the top game design studios - very cool stuff!

Just a lot of fun to see everyone and to relax for a while in peace! Kudos to the man for going with me despite a sinus thing hanging on after a week or so. Hopefully he'll be healthy and sparky again soon!

$120 down, $3,880 to go.

No comments: