Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I'm thinking Chinese

Wow! The study in China program is (even with travel and expenses) cheaper than if I bought the same number of credits and stayed here all summer! Damn! I think I'm going to have to pursue that. It would be fantastic, and still allow me to take off 2 months in the summer. And I'd be ahead of the game on getting my electives done!

Here's the deal: I need to take 3 credits of summer classes this summer. Normally, at my school, they'd cost over $900 per credit. Not to mention that I would be in class at least 6 hours per week for something like 10 weeks. Not fun, eh? Let's contrast that with the chance to study for 3-4 weeks in China, pay the same amount (okay, maybe $500 more), have the rest of th summer to regroup, and still get the heck out of the US for the first time in my life! (Canada and Mexico didn't count, eh?)

Not to mention that one of my main concentrations in undergrad was Chinese history and culture. I had a fantastic professor who was just a joy to go to class with. He'd crack jokes in the middle of a thought. It was great. I've always wanted to go, and I'm thinkng this might be a good thing.

Now, to find the $$ to do it! Eek!

No comments: