Wednesday, October 18, 2006

foobiscuitmollywhompers kinda day...

Yeah, I just like that word. Kinda sums up the completely nutso kinda day I've had.

China deposit is in. China deposit is in, teehee....

So I spent the morning creating reports to get my boss reimbursed on his trips and such. Paper + receipts = money!Then I get a random call to deliver a wealth of champagne to a client for my boss, when I've got a training meeting in 1/2 hour and our new and exciting bookeeper has expressed a need to meet with me and pick my limited knowledge on invoices out of my brain. Yup, I'll go deliver the champagne! This monkey just stamps the invoices and moves them from one box to another, really!

I dash all over town, wondering if wearing these shoes anymore is a good idea (dammit, they're cute and motorcycle-ish, all at once!). So I drive the 35 miles, lug 35 lbs. of alcohol into the client's office, meet his rather lovely assistant and she helps me in depositing it in his office. The office vultures are already eyeing the shi-shi bubbly as I leave. I wonder if it's gonna last until the client gets back. I hope so!

I attempt to find affordable lunch. No luck. I go with protein-laden instead, and enjoy my roast beef and cheddar goodness. Then I dash to Admin law, and manage to stay awake. I actually do enjoy it, I just wish I could manage to schedule a class that's not right after a meal sometime before I leave school.

Call my honey. Tell him honeyed things. Discuss the fabulous plan for birthday goodness involving less money that truly necessary. Relish the concept of sleeping in this weekend.

Dash back to work, find desk under pile of paper, stuff, random scrawled notes asking for help, and things I just don't do. Sort through with a large shovel and flame thrower. Toss the stuff I don't do on my partner's desk(I'm kind, I think it's stuff she does, honestly!) and attempt to finish the reports. The database threatens to crash again. I give it the hairy eyeball and do the no-crashy dance. No word on whether it worked, which is a good thing.

And I'm still attempting to get the last report done. Blah, reports.

Off to practice soon, my arm finally works again... Finally.

No comments: