Thursday, October 26, 2006

Oh boy...

So yesterday was just a comedy of errors. Lots of them. I have been feeling rather harried, and overbooked, but I was still attempting to get everything done. I worked all day, left for class around lunch, looked at possible audio CDs to review for evidence, dropped crap at the post office, went to school after work to review Land Use with a class mate and thought I was doing pretty well.

Then I crashed and burned in the parking lot. I was rushing to my car to get to practice when I caught my foot on one of those concrete curbs. I got airtime, and hit the ground pretty hard. More so because of the 30lbs of books on my back. I landed on my hand, hip and knees, and I think I knocked my head against my hand. Luckily, I was able to get up and nurse my bruised ego. I got to my car, threw my books in and just sat to assess the damage. Everything hurt, but not as much as I thought it should. I thought I had sprained my hand - it wouldn't grip without a lot of pain. Luckily today it seems to be much better. I was sure I should have thrown my back way out of whack, but again, noting more than a bit of soreness today. But I did go home and ice everything and eat a pile of ibuprophen. I'm very glad I work out - that could have been really bad all around. I tried to stop at urgent care, but the wait was 5-6 hours to be seen. Yeah, right - someone remind me about our health care problem?

But instead of just going home and plunking myself on the couch to recuperate, I got bored after an hour or so if icing my hand. I bugged my neighbors for a while, and tried watiching tv. I'd gotten most of my homework done. What to do?

Well, I tried working on my dress for my brother's wedding. The pieces were cut out, I just needed to put them together, right? Yeah, note to self - no sewing while in pain! I misaligned the sides, so the flared asymmetrical skirt came out all wrong. Really wrong.. I have to take the front and back apart and realign them properly. Luckily I thought about it this morning and I think I can salvage it tonight. But yeah, no more pained sewing. My brains get addled.

So yes, I will have a hand made dress to wear next weekend for the wedding. It'll just take a bit more work than expected. And no serious damage remains today. I'm apparantly rather hardy peasant stock.... I'll be back at practice on Sunday.

No comments: