Monday, October 16, 2006

Ahh, Monday

Well, I had a lovely weekend, and I hope you did too.

Friday night I was exhausted, so after running around all day doing the Alumni golf tourney and a stop off at a friend's to discuss baking and the merits of cheap wine, I wrapped myself around my honey and crashed out. Unfortunately, it is maintenance time for my car, so I had to get up early to get the car to the shop. Luckily, I was able to get a ride back (yay honey!) while they worked on the car and got a glorious nap. I even got homework done before the car was ready. And it was cheaper than expected, and they fixed all the little annoying things that are still covered under the extended warranty. I now have an idiot buzzer for when I leave my lights on! Hooray! Hopefully that means I won't leave my lights on as much....

Saturday evening was a blast! Fabulous dinner, stop off at the Shout House, and much fun! Food was terriffic - Yes, the Fish market is a chain, but for a chain they have excellent seafood. And I kinda like the busy, family atmosphere. We had tickets to the Symphony as well, but we were more in the mood for a party atmosphere, so off to the Shout House. It was fun, and we met a bunch of random folks all around us. Lots of goofy human theatre at that place, and the drinks are pretty good.

Sunday was practice and homework. And a paper to do, which isn't done yet. Blah. Practice was frustrating. Sure, I've been on the pell, but I realized that I have a set stance for when I'm in armor that I don't use on the pell. I will at least be using my shield at the pell for a while, and I might end up in armor hitting the pell a bit. I just move differently, and while I can do some stuff unencumbered, it's not translating at all when I'm in armor. Blah. I can explain what I need to be doing, I just can't so it in armor. Grrrrr, argh, blah. Annoying, and I got a bit upset with myself. Sure, I was sick for 3 weeks, but I really lost a lot of muscle. I need to get back in the gym and kick my ass back into shape. My calves shrank by 4 inches overall - I could tell from the ties on my boots. I had a lot extra to use to tie them yesterday.

Then I went home and tackled my paper. I'm about halfway done, but it wasn't enough to get out to the birthday celebration last night. I really was trying to make it, but I just wasn't comfortable with the amount I had done. I think it's a few more hours of work tonight. And homework to finish for tomorrow. But I did work on stuff for about 5 hours, which is a marathon for me. Short breaks to focus my head, but I trudged steadily through it. I'll finish up tonight and hand it in tomorrow. Yay!

No comments: