Thursday, May 18, 2006

An Tir!

EEEEK! I’m so excited to be heading up to Portland today – I simply love it up there. And I’m all proud that Gulenay’s getting her Laurel! Added bonuses of seeing all my northern friends, being at yet another Crown tourney (this is the third one this year, it’s like the Superbowl in every Kingdom, go me!), and just getting a real trip now that school is totally over.

An Tir, to me, has the nicest trees and sites, some of the nicest folks (although that’s a toss up with most of the Knowne World) and really amazing garb. Y’all can talk about how fantastic Caid is for garb, but we really don’t hold a historical candle to some of the folks in the West and An Tir. Just some amazing freaking handwork! And they wear it all over the place! Inspires me to create some really awesome stuff for Sherief yet again.. Hmm, that linen tunic needs something other than cool trim this time :-) Maybe tiraz bands or applique arabesques...

So when I head north, I’m usually really happy to see everyone! S and G and I will be trapped in a car for a few hours together, so we’ll likely be like a bunch of teenage girls all excited to go on a trip! Should be a lot of fun, and every time I go up, I meet even more fantastic folks. Sure, I’m gushing, but you know how it is when you find a great place where everyone knows your name and they overlook the fact that you lit your face on fire the last time they saw you! And they’ve finally realized that my pure silk saris, properly wrapped, can be warmer than their wools. It’s called a medieval windbreaker :-) We won’t mention the flannel pants I’m wearing underneath, a la Guin… But they have stopped asking me if I'm cold all the time.

So yeah, I’m excited. Only thing that would make it even better would be to finally get a grade or two so I can stop this infernal waiting on my grades. Just one, I’m only asking for one. I can live with the pain, just save me some of the waiting! And if it’s a good grade, well, it’s party time!

Have a great weekend, my friends. Life is soooo very nice!

No comments: