Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Feel the burn

Oh yeah, yet again I'm back to the non-stop training fun. I think my workouts kept me from getting terribly hurt this weekend - my back has officially stopped hurting just in time for my trainer to kick my ass. I did a good toning class yesterday which left me sore this morning, then Adam, my wonderful trainer, subtly kicked my ass all over town.

I punched, kicked, power lifted, and pushed weight around and sweated my ass off. I sure as hell hope this is paying off, because I feel like an old woman again today. I felt good when I left the gym, but as the day wore on at my computer, my muscles are tightening up and I'm moving slowly :-)

But thank goodness, because I've never healed this quickly from a back injury before. Granted, this one wasn't as bad as the time I went face first into the trampoline out of a flip. Nor was it a weird group of muscles like the trapeze days (my entire shoulder area was on fire for days!). But I don't even think I need a chiro appointment that terribly. I can wait until my regularly scheduled bit. Kinda cool.

Don't think I'm fighting this weekend though. I'll be in tourneys soon enough. In the meantime, I need a calm, happy weekend hanging with friends. We'll see if that happens :-)

No comments: