Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sucks being right

Ok, Universe? I have a request. I would like to stop having gut feelings that are spot on for a bit. This is the 5th time this month I had a feeling not based in any concrete facts that something was going to happen, and it did. Again. Just like I said it would. And while it's lovely that I have this advance warning of situations I'm not entirely knowledgable about, I'd prefer not to be psychic, thanks.

Now, these are not situations I have any advance information pointing to what's going to happen for the most part. Some more than others, but in general, I've been completely in the dark about it. This most recent incident, all I had was a feeling. I didn't even know the people involved at all when I made my statement that it wouldn't work out. And it didn't work out. So how did I know that?

So I'm guessing that that uber-secret "make our people psychic" program I was in while I was at the government had a 10 year maturation cycle. Suddenly my powers have ripened like a durian. And it stinks just as much. I don't want to know - can I be clueless? Can I not "have a bad feeling about this"? I'm just respectfully requesting here. 'Cause it sucks to know all the time - where's the excitment in that? As Heinlein says, Cassandra didn't get half the kicking she deserved. And no one likes you when you're always right. They respect you a bit, but they don't really like it. Neither do I. Please get to work on that. Thanks!

No comments: