Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ponderings in the tanning bed

I was lying there, scantily clad with cancer causing light streaming down on me, just thinking. I've found the tanning bed, of all things, to be rather relaxing lately. Until this afternoon.

I was lying there, pondering my exercise regimen, when I heard something. A little noise. One of those non-descript noises that make you think someone or something is in the room. Now, I can't open my eyes - the light's bad for your corneas, and I like my corneas. But I hear more little noises. Great, I think to myself, there's the headlines: Woman gets hand gnawed off in tanning bed by wayward downtown rat... Just lovely. Well, I peeked, and didn't see anything. I laid there, attempting to calm down when I realized that I'm just being hyper. There's someone in the exercise room, and I can hear them through the little slats on the door. Ugh, panic for nothing! Breathe and soak up the rays, grasshopper...

So I pondered my body again. All this exercise is a good thing. Granted, I have a long way to go, but just starting and staying with it is pretty impressive for me. My brain is what short attention span theatre was modeled on. I'm not really great at finishing everything I start, and at times I'd rather cut my losses than struggle through to save a sinking ship. But I am working out, and enjoying it. Now, if I just lose a few more inches around my waist, I'll have the earthly equivalent of Barbie proportions. Not the top heavy, falling down proportions, but close enough for government work :-) And the happiest thought of all was having boobs. Yeah, it's silly. I've got boobs. I think they were a consolation prize for turning 30 - I've never had this much boobage before. It's weird. So I'm being careful to preserve the boobs in my plans. And it was nice to be able to do spear practice last night and not feel creaky and weak. Yay!

No comments: