Monday, May 22, 2006

Ok, it's official, I suck...

Wow, did I tank big time this semester. Looks like I needed a break pretty badly. My grades are really, really bad. Retaking a class bad. Stinking my average terribly bad. In a way, I'm kind of relieved. I knew I didn't do the work. It might mean another semester in school, but I can handle that. I'd rather retake a class than keep the really crappy grades. I'll check into it and see what the deal is there, go discuss things with my professors, and see what I can do. Last week I was pissy, this week I'm just relieved to have the grades.

It's rather frustrating because I kind of lost the fire this semester. I love the law. I really want to get the hell out already and practice. I want someone to give me a stinking chance to prove that I could be good at it. But I need to get my ass through school first and play the game. And I'm tired. I hate the reading lately, despise sitting through lectures, and I just get so damn tired on this schedule. I've been doing more stuff that isn't good for me lately, so the break will be good for me to settle down and just concentrate on taking care of myself for a bit. And hopefully get back the drive by fall so I can power through another year. Almost there, more than halfway done. But wow, is this painful sometimes!

So if I back off from a few things at times or just seem like I'm thinking too hard, I probably am. Strategy is my thing, and I need to get through this. Probably going to be less social crap next year, but that's ok. Right now I needed social, I'll be back on track pretty soon. But it's gotta be about the schoolwork. I really need to fix the school work. This is what happens when I ace a course and get cocky - just not a good thing for me. Back to competing with myself more. Back to digging in.

No comments: