Thursday, May 04, 2006

Let the summer begin...

Wow, crazy few days. I'm all unfocused and discombobulated. I'll be starting to sew this weekend, but I decided to give myself a day or two to just sit and do nothing, or whatever else I wanted to do. I'm just terrible at it, it's hilarious!

I watched Legally Blonde while playing a video game and intermittantly washing dishes and cooking. And that was the first 2 hours. I need to relearn how to just sit my ass down and enjoy relaxing! It's gonna take a few weeks to wind down. But it's damn funny in the meantime. I'd like to put all that creativity and energy to work, but every time I look at something that feels like work, my inner 2 year old says NO!. Yup, this is gonna be amusing.....

And by the way, Legally Blonde was a great reminder of why I ended up in law school. I was fighting being a lawyer until I saw that movie. While it's not that realistic in comparison to my reality of law school, it does capture some of the "I wanna help things and still be a nice person" mentality that I do find motivating. While I'm not keen on saving the world until after I've paid off my ridiculous debt and bought a house, I do genuinely want to make people's lives better and solve problems. Perhaps not on a global scale, but I'm lucky enough to work with lawyers on a daily basis who genuinely want to solve problems, not create them. It's pretty cool. And they're just a fun bunch of people, probably the most fun lawyers I've ever met. So there, take that you cranky ass big firm folks!

No comments: