Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Survival

Well, I'm done. Finis. Fat lady is singing loudly. Year #2 of law school completely done, thank all the various dieties in the world. I'm holding onto a decent average, and it even went up once I started working full time and going to school at night. Yes, I am insane, but it's apredictable insane.

We'll see how my grades are. As usual, I don't have high hopes. One would think with the distinctly short amount of time I actually spend studying that I would be doing a lot worse in school. But thus far I'm in the top 15-20% of the class, and muddle along quite nicely. Somehow. It's a major miracle actually - by the time I get out of work, get food, and get to class, it's the last place I want to be. I end up playing a lot more computer games and surfing MySpace than actually listening in class. But the nature of law school is such that in classes like my recent Con Law II class, I can not pay any attention in class, go home and read a decent outline on Con Law, and ace the exam. Why? Because your rights just don't change that much folks. As long as I keep my little ears perked up for what Mr. Professor likes to see in essay exams, I should be fine. We'll see what happend with my grade, but I threw in enough stuff that he said in class that it should be a decent answer. I really don't think I aced this one, but I'm somewhere in the middle of the pack yet again. And apparently my writing style is popular.

Then I realized that I'm a stressball o' fun. Two weeks of realizing that I just spent the last semester playing solitaire until my hands ached, and I panicked. A lot. And procrastinated. A lot. I'm really getting burned out, definitely time for a summer off. It was nearly impossible for me to get myself to sit down and do the work. By the last 3 weeks of classes, I'd already quit doing homework. Not good. Usually I'm all competitive and chomping at the bit to pour out all my hard earned knowledge on the exam. This time I had to keep from falling asleep on my laptop. So I went home last night, downed a few margaritas with the good tequila, harrassed my neighbors jovially, and finally fell down around midnight. The alcohol allowed me to get the first decent night's sleep in the last 2 weeks, and despite being way to short, I woke up somewhat rested. Tiny leetle hangover headache, but then that's why I drink the good stuff. More quality = less pain later...

Scheduling the massages for the next two weeks, getting to bed early tonight. Time to teach class tomorrow night!

No comments: