Wednesday, November 29, 2006

There should be a vaccine

Ok, someone just shoot me. Right when my universe is stressful enough, I decide to freak out about the Bar exam. There must be something in the air. Or something catching, like a virus, thrown off by the students graduating this month and this summer. Sure, I have a whole year to go, 14 months until the Bar exam itself. But that doesn't seem terribly far to me. And I still don't know if I should be paying $3,000 for a Bar/Bri course or not. I am currently, I just have no idea if I'll be able to do it or not. I'd like to think I can work at least part time before the Bar - partially to get my obsessive ass out of the house and partially for the mental break of doing something else. But then I keep reading about people putting their universe on hold to study for 2 months beforehand. Ugh!

And all this is amusing. So much so, I should go tell my boyfriend... Oh wait.

Ack. Not that that wasn't a good choice either, but I do get a lot out of the simple concept of another human being marginally interested in my well being. It's not something I get from my family, all those damn Aquarians and Cancers. More hard shells than a July weekend at a crab shack! But I'm learning to figure it out with friends too. Just not quite the same thing.

So time for a reality check for my brain. I'll head home tonight after the gym, pull out all of the evidence info and get cracking on what really matters at this very moment. It's my first exam and the only one that requires memorization.

And try to turn off my damn brain, soothe the scaly lizard brain in panic mode and chill the hell out. And try not to stay up sewing tonight in sheer panic of "must make money for China and for two months of expenses so I can study for the Bar exam" mode. Yeah. I'll be fine, but I might wear myself out in the process. No wonder the Muppet Christmas movie sounded so appealing when I went to Columbia House last week.

No comments: