Monday, November 27, 2006

Long weekend, oh hooray

Well, I survived part one of the holiday season. Mostly. Came out the other side rather beaten up, but I'm still going. I think I have a cold. I'm hoping the flu doesn't arise from it. I've been sniffling with abandon all weekend, and silly me, I keep thinking it's got to be allergies. but I'm still sniffling here at work this morning, so must be something more. I'm not allergic to anything at work.

Holidays are just not my favorite times, and yet I really do try to enjoy things. I try not to have great expectations for them anymore - too many years of disappointments. But I'm determined to have some form of holiday cheer, so I put up my Xmas tree after thanksgiving, and watched White Christmas. Eh. Still not there. Sniffling isn't helping. But went to a lovely holiday party on Friday and had a good time just hanging out with everyone.

At least we went shooting yesterday. Life is always a bit better when I prove yet again that I can still effectively hit a grapefruit at 10 yards. Go me.

Happy Monday folks, hope you're feeling better than I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to find my cleaning kit and go shooting. There is nothing better than standing there shooting your full load... ahhhh nevermind. lol..


E