Monday, November 20, 2006

Sometimes things just get into perspective

Folks, a dear friend has reminded me that life is just too damn precious.

His aunt is very sick, and hearing about his attempts to help his aunt and uncle cope are just ridiculously inspiring. I give him such credit, as his love and concern are only expanded in the face of a terrible situation. He's not doing anything unique - a homecooked meal, driving relatives around - it's just what's necessary.

But he's doing it with a smile, as much good humor as he can muster, and just simple love. He's my friend, I'm proud to say. And he gets it, this whole life thing. It's hard, it's crazy. But when you get down to the basics, all that matters is doing the right thing and remembering the people you care about.

So hey, my friend, know that I care and my thoughts are with your family.

No comments: