Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Whoah Sparky! Time to slow down?

Ok, it's official. I'm tired. Had some rest this weekend, but I have another action packed week ahead that I'm not feeling ready for. And, frankly, I feel like crap today. I feel bad about this in a way, but after the 47th time someone has asked me how I feel, I just get sick of saying "fine, thanks". I'm not terribly fine, but I'll survive and get home to relax and recoup. But in the meantime, I know I look like hell slightly warmed over, thanks for asking. And I don't want to be pissy, I truly don't. I just want to get through the mountain of paper on my desk, get everything done that needed to happen yesterday and just move on and go home and relax tonight. I'm so swamped that I don't even want to eat lunch or take a break.

I'm kind of wondering if I packed too much into these last few weeks before classes. I think I need to cancel the dance class I'm teaching indefinitely. Frankly, I just don't have the energy to do this right, and school comes first. Period. If you want to pay me $500 per class, I might change my mind. But otherwise, it's study time now. And I'm feeling a bit pulled and pushed around by the students. I do understand that they enjoy it and are learning. But while I enjoy the class while I'm doing it, I dread giving up that chunk of time each week during classes. Just too much demand on my fragile head to handle during school. Any added stress is just too much, and I'm not getting the benefit out of it that I was hoping too. Fun, yes. But it's not relaxing for me. I love to teach, but I don't think I can handle it. And it screws up my priority list for school to be first. It's really the only weight on my time that's not flexible and understanding. So, fun while it lasted, but it's over for now.

All in all, though I did have a lovely weekend. Got a chance to rest up since I didn't bother with war, and sold a pile of stuff on eBay. Now to clean the house for the parental visit...

Oh, and just so you know, I still have the most wonderful boyfriend on the planet. Just in case there was any question in anyone's mind. :-)

No comments: