Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thank goodness for eBay...

Well, I freaked out yesterday. Just lost it. Basically I found out that the combination of a tuition bill I didn't expect and talking to a career counselor at school is too much for me in one day. She was happily going over ways I could cram in an internship at night or on the weekends, and I just broke. The idea of giving up what little free time I had to do more law stuff at night, besides the hours of studying and such I already do, just made me miserable. Add to that all the sewing and stuff I'm doing to attempt to pay for stuff, and it leaves little time for me to actually enjoy myself.

Sure, it would be nice to have more law crap on my resume. But last I checked, thanks to my fantastically crappy semester in the Spring, I'm on probation. Granted, I am perfectly capable of getting myself off of probation, and my average is still quite good (top 1/3 of my class). But I'm thinking that I need to block out 2 nights a week, 3-4 hours a night just for homework, and have some time on the weekends to relax. My current job allows me a decent amount of real estate experience around lawyers who keep throwing as much as there is to throw at me. I'm going to look at the volunteer law clinics and see if there's one I can devote 3 hours a week to and still be able to claim it on my resume. But that's about all I'm willing to give up. She said that I'd still get a job without adding anything else, and there's always next summer to volunteer as well, even if I'm taking a class or two.

Oh, and I'd just like to say that I hate my fellow students who have it easy. Whose parents believe in helping you out with your Mercedes and tuition and spending money. Who buy your books and set you up with internships through your friends. I hate you. Personally. Yes, you, you spoiled little brat who probably has no concept of having to build your own connections, buying a car with your own hard earned cash from the job you had to scrabble to get. Yes, you'll probably get a better job than me, earn more money than me, and generally be annoyingly successful. But I still hate you. Deal. Most folks I'm fine with, and there are less of these at my school than if I had gone to USD. But you're still there. Feel my ire.

So, if I'm a little busy lately, it's because I'm attempting to make sure I have around 50 items on eBay at any given time for the next 6 weeks or so. I know I can come up with a good sized pile of cash, it just takes work. Now I wish I hadn't planned to go to Pennsic, but it's too late now. I've spent the money, I'm going.

And thank you to the folks ordering garb from me. You are very greatly appreciated, and I hope you adore what I make for you. If you don't, bring it back and we'll find a way to make it better.

No comments: