Thursday, July 13, 2006

How to clean up your universe in 2 years

Sooo, I sat down with the big numbers today. The scary ones. Now I know how much debt I'll be in after school. It's a bit terrifying, but handlable. Is handlable a word? I know I can handle it, that is. Ths good news is that I don't have much beyond my school debts. I've been hammering away at unnecessary stuff, like my credit card and car loan. All the little debts should be gone relatively soon. We'll see how many credits I can afford next summer - that's the real killer. I need to come up with basically $3000 out of pocket. And I have about 10 months to do it in. Gulp... And the problem with not coming up with that much money, is that then I can't graduate until the following spring. Not impossible, but really damn annoying. And I can't afford to go full time - that's another $8000 or so? For one semester. Blah. And I don't have the option of private loans or credit cards. Not that I want it - ewwww!

But I think I can get a chunk of it taken care of. There's lots of eBay coming, I can feel it. If I can come up with another $300 per month I can do it. That's only about $75 per week, give or take a few weeks where I can't put stuff up. Heck, that's a nice tunic per week if they sell. And I'll have a chance to shovel through the fabric stash. But ugh, it gets interesting when I'm down to the strange fabrics and trims. I'll have to go shopping once in a while and pick up more, there's always that material costs. But it's doable, and I still have buttons and other random stuff to put up as well. So I'm off to put pictures up of the stuff I have on hand. Wheee!

And hey - not counting my school debt, it's the lowest my debt's ever been. Take out the car loan, and it's almost nothing. Go me! How nice would it be to start paying my school loans while in school? Not sure it's going to happen, but I'm going to try!

1 comment:

John Hulsey said...

Feels kind of good to know that you are on the right track financially, eh? And I refuse to think of student loans as borrowing. I prefer to think of them as investments... in me!