Monday, July 17, 2006

More fun, more friends. Life is still good!

So, Magic Mountain. Yes, we went to Magic Mountain this weekend. Damn, it was hot. Fun, but hot! Probably 115 in the shade. Hooray for Valencia in the summer, this summer has just been hot hot hot! The lines were pretty long, considering it was drop dead, cook eggs on the sidewalks hot. I was rather surprised that there were that many people as crazy as us! It was so hot, you were sweating and gross all day, and yet, if you could sweat anymore, you would have to get additional relief. The misting thingies were all over the place, and we kept taking "shopping breaks" to dive into air conditioned stores. Fast rides were a relief, but brief...

We did get on some rides, although I am sad to say that I have officially become a wuss. I got off of the first bigger roller coaster and was shaking like a leaf. The look on my companion's face was priceless as I said, "No, really. I'm ok. I just need a minute so I don't pass out." Yeah, good times. So much for being bad ass, eh? But I was a good sport and waited with him for the new roller coaster, even though I didn't ride the silly thing. I would have lost my marbles with how high that one was, based on my reaction to a medium sized coaster earlier. Oy! So I dove off as he got close to the front of the line, and went and got my picture taken with Foghorn Leghorn. There are two chickens in this picture... And dammit! I never found WonderWoman to get a fun picture. Arrgh!

Also saw my nephew, got reacquainted, and discussed garbage, trucks, and geckos together. It was lovely! And my sister and brother in law have spawned again - they're expecting in the beginning of next year, hooray! More babies for me to be auntie to!

Saw my wonderful household folks up in LA, and got to invite the guys to watch me get the shit kicked out of me at the Gauntlet in October. They're probably going to come fight with us, then witness me surviving the bouts with the guys. Granted, I am thrilled to have them there. They're family. And it's also a ploy for me to get my ass in gear and train up some more. I have 2.5 months, and I haven't been in armor much. I have a lot more muscle, but I need more coordination. So, there's the pressure dial, time to turn up the heat. Don't want to let the family or the Orks down. Therefore, I must train and look cool :-) Off to the gym for the second time today....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*wave wave!*

Melissa Hannon said...

WONDER WOMAN!!!!!! dun dun dun dun dun dun WONDERWOMAN!!!!!All the world's waiting for you,
and the power you possess.

In your satin tights,
Fighting for your rights
And the old Red, White and Blue.

Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman.
Now the world is ready for you,
and the wonders you can do.

Make a hawk a dove,
Stop a war with love,
Make a liar tell the truth.

Wonder Woman,
Get us out from under, Wonder Woman.
All our hopes are pinned on you.
And the magic that you do.

Stop a bullet cold,
Make the Axis fall,
Change their minds, and change the world.

Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman.
You're a wonder, Wonder Woman.