Monday, July 24, 2006

Con! Bruises! Hot hot hot!

So, I survived ComiCon yet again. Very entertaining as usual, despite overwhelming heat and the usual overload of visual stimulation. I think I want to hide under a rock for the rest of this week, my head about exploded. I actually turned off the TV and enjoyed the blessed silence last night once I emerged from my nap.

I fought in the demo Saturday and Sunday, and had a blast! We're definitely more entertaining while fighting at demos - we hammed it up big time. Lots of shield hits for big crashy noises, cheering, goofing around, etc. We had a good group of folks fighting both days, and pretty good crowds considering the crazy heat.

Fighting-wise, I have to say I'm happy with my performance. I still suck big time, but my arms weren't as tired as usual, I didn't get bruises all over the place, and I held my own better than last year. Considering this is the first time I fought with my sword and board since last year, not too shabby :-) But my whole right hip is tattooed purple and red and black. I have 3 huge welts as reminders of where I need to guard more. Damn heater shield! But not too terrible - it also means that I got in there and fought more. I was working more on paying attention and just throwing shot after shot. I sometimes have a tendancy to hold back a bit, mainly because a broken arm would make school extremely difficult. But I think I did better than I have, and I noticed what a huge difference the weight training is making. Time to start hitting practice faithfully, and getting outside to the pell every night.

I also have to fix my right leg and arm armor. Neither was working properly all day, and may have also contributed to my pain and suffering. I cranked my wrist mighty good Sunday because the padding was too tight in my arm armor. Safer with more padding, but not if I can't move my wrist. Blah. More fixing.

And hey - I got to wear my pretty new dress on Saturday! Apparently I clean up ok :-)

No comments: