Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Call me the Slacker Queen :-)

Reviews of other multiplayer, turn based games:

http://www.nexuswar.com/

Nexus War - kind of a general good v. evil game, with the chance to become demons, paladins, angels, sorcerers, etc. You get one turn per 15 minutes and can have up to 3 characters at a time for free. I like it better than Urban Dead because of the more colorful maps, wider range of stuff to do. You die a lot, but it makes things amusing. Especially when you're trying to find your faction's stronghold and you keep dying and getting randomly placed on the map. *sigh* But I find it entertaining. I give it 4 out of 5 ZZZs

http://www.realmsofmayhem.com/main.aspx

Realms of Mayehm - more of a strategy based, build up your stronghold kinda game. You manage resources, build buildings. In theory, you can attack your neighbors with your armies, but I'm still pitiful and have militia thus far (ie. farmers with stabbity pitchforks). But you get a buttload of turns to start out building up, and it's a much more complex game than the run of the mill "wander about and get killed a lot" sort of games. I'm completley lost, but having fun figuring crap out. 3 out of 5 ZZZs

More to come. I'm such the slacker...

No comments: