Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Not too terrible

First week of classes down, not too bad thus far. This whole taking a class during the day thing is pretty cool! It's vastly better than being there after work every night of the week, then sitting down to some nice tasty homework all night. Oh boy! Instead, that time normally spent in class is spent doing homework. Definitely better time management. Thank goodness my boss has been through this and gets how hard it is.

So, a little summary of my schedule - Maestro, theme music if you please? Something upbeat, but not perky...

Land Use Planning - ie. bureaucratic ways the government and your neighbors can tell you how to use your land. It's a reality, folks. And I find it rather entertaining. Professor sounds like an older Sinatra, if you listen to Sinatra's monologues on his recordings. And Peggy and I get to sit and ping off each other all through class like schoolgirls :-)

Administrative Law - ie. bureaucracy defined. Actually I find this class entertaining as well. i think I'm doomed to like a life of pushing paper back and forth with the same official for the rest of my life. And the concept doesn't scare me. Getting paperwork done, especially with the gov't, makes me feel like I accomplished something hard. And I've already saved the world, lit myself on fire, yadda yadda. No burning desire to save the world or express myself. I'm into establishing a life soemtime soon, and it's just about me.

Evidence - ie. pain and required suffering. At least the professor is interesting. Unfortunately I don't think he speaks English. Or Evidence is in Swahili. Haven't figured it out yet, but I spend a lot of time in class thus far with a perplexed look on my face. Luckily I do the homework, so eventually I do usually get it. But I need a roadmap, a guide, and a sherpa for all the books. Ugh...

Off to my day class - wheee!

No comments: